The College Application Process
When you apply for admission to a college or university, the admission committee will need a minimum of three things:
- An application - typically done on-line either through the college's website or through the Common Application. We strongly encourage using the Common Application whenever possible.
- An official transcript – in order to request an official transcript, students must complete a Transcript Request Form. The form can be found in the Document Library on Naviance.
- Official ACT or SAT scores - Benet does NOT send test scores. They need to be sent by the testing agency at either http://www.actstudent.org/ or sat.collegeboard.com.
Most colleges will also require a Secondary School Report (SSR). However, you do NOT need to hand in any school specific or Common Application SSR forms, as they are already provided for your counselor on the counselor Naviance website.
Additionally, colleges may require a letter of recommendation from one of your teachers. Teacher letters will be sent directly from the teacher to the college; most will be submitted electronically. Students should follow the subsequent steps when requesting teacher recommendations:
Step 1: Determine which (if any) of your colleges require teacher recommendations
Step 2: Complete and hand deliver to the teacher the Student Information Form which can be found in the document library of Naviance
Step 3: Add the teacher to Naviance
General Application Policies:
- We began accepting transcript request forms in early September.
- You must give the transcript request form to your counselor a MINIMUM of TEN SCHOOL DAYS before the application deadline and preferably sooner.
- All transcript request forms must be handed personally to your counselor from YOU; other counselors will NOT accept transcript request forms. DO NOT leave transcript request forms on your counselor's desk or in his/her mailbox
College Counselor Information
Mrs. Amy Wesley (A-G)- email@example.com
Ms. Laura Lundstrom (H-N) firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Kendall Hayes (O-Z) email@example.com
2200 Maple Ave.
Lisle, IL 60521
CEEB CODE: 142635