About College Counseling
The collective goal/mission of the counselor, student, and parent is to find colleges where students will be as happy and successful personally as they will be academically.
Juniors at Benet begin working with their respective College Counselor midway through the year. College Interviews are conducted throughout the spring semester, giving students the opportunity to meet one-on-one with Mrs. Wesley, Mrs. Lundstrom & Mrs. Hayes to discuss their college search.
The College Counseling Center is located on the second floor of St. Joseph’s Hall. On most school days the CCC is open from 7:30 am - 3:00 pm for students and parents.
Click here to view the timeline of programs and activities that will guide you through the college search process. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions! Calendars:
Important counseling dates are included on the main website calendar.
College Visits: The schedule of college visits is located in Naviance. All are welcome to view the schedule using the guest login "Redwings"
Class of 2011 at a glance:
- 99% have been accepted into 2 and 4 year post-secondary schools with two students accepting special appointments to the U.S. Military Academy in West Point.
- When collegiate classes commence in the fall, members of the Class of 2011 will be attending a total of 104 colleges and universities, located in 29 different states, the District of Columbia, and two countries outside of the United States.
- Members of the Class of 2010 have been offered scholarships from various colleges, organizations, and private foundations totaling close to $29 million
- 153 are Illinois State Scholars (47% of the Class of 2010) 119 have been inducted into the National Honor Society
- 4 have been named National Hispanic Scholars
- 2 have been recognized as finalists by the National Achievement Scholarship Program
- 23 have been awarded the distinction of being named National Merit Commended Scholars
- 10 have been named National Merit Finalists
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions!
Mrs. Amy Wesley (College Counselor A-G)
Ms. Laura Lundstrom (College Counselor H-N)
Mrs. Kendall Hayes (College Counselor O-Z)
Mrs. Pat Cunneen - Counseling Administrator
School profile and college reports. College reports summarize college choices by class including statistics, college names, selectivity levels, states, and other demographics.
The following sites contain career related information to look at as you consider your college major and school choice.
In addition to these resources that are focused on financial aid, more information on financial aid is found under many college search resources.
A collection of links and articles to help you search for the right college.