What is Naviance Family Connection?
Family Connection by Naviance is a secure, web-based college research tool that Benet has been using since 2003 to assist us and our students in managing the college and selection process. Naviance allows families to analyze the most up-to-date college application trends and helps Benet's College Counselors communicate with families more effectively. As second semester sophomores, students are introduced to the Naviance Program, and we encourage our students to utilize this website for college planning purposes. If for some reason you or your child do not have a registration code please contact the guidance office.
Go to https://connection.naviance.com/benet.
- After sophomores are trained, they may access Naviance with their email address and password.
- Parents can log-in to the system in one of three ways:
- have their student add "Parent Information” to their profile page. Parents may then request their own registration information from their student's counselor and have an individualized account. (this is the recommended option)
- log-in to the system as their student (requiring the student's email address and password)
- enter as a "Guest” using the password "Redwings” (not all of the features below will be available)
Features to focus on:
Home Page tab:
- What's New:
- Displays new information available from the counselors.
- Check messages about application deadlines, scholarship opportunities, college events and programs, and other important information about the college search and application process.
- Document Library
- Necessary forms and handouts
- Contact Us
- Send email to the student's counselor
- MY COLLEGES
- COLLEGE RESEARCH
- This research tool provides comprehensive information on thousands of colleges. In addition to general and admissions information, further data is presented on academics, cost and financial aid, student body characteristics, extracurricular and athletic programs. A link to each college's website is provided.
- For colleges to which Benet students have applied, there is statistical information on numbers applying, admitted, and enrolled with a link to a ”scattergram” graph.
- College Search:
- Enter criteria such as size, location, cost, availability of specific majors or athletic programs, and students can produce a list of colleges that meet their criteria.
- College Match and College Compare
- College Match analyzes applications of other students from Benet to find colleges that have accepted students with a GPA and test scores similar to those of your child. Similarly, students can enter a list of schools into College Compare to view Benet student acceptance statistics quickly and easily.
- Acceptance History
- This feature shows all colleges to which Benet students have been accepted. Included are students from the classes of 2003 through the present, as well as the number of students enrolling at each school.
- This feature provides a graphical view of application outcomes (accepted, denied, waitlisted) at a college for recent Benet applicants using GPA and test scores. Students can gauge their chances of acceptance by comparing personal GPA/ACT numbers with those displayed.
- Enrichment Programs
- Comprehensive list of summer programs offered throughout the U.S. and abroad designed for student enrichment
- ABOUT ME
- Tools designed to help a student build a resume, track favorite colleges, and organize college search process and more.
Naviance provides the Benet Counseling Department with a powerful tool to help keep families apprised of opportunities. For example, we frequently send out both individual and group emails to students and/or parents regarding college programs in the area, scholarships that are available, reminders of when college representatives will be visiting Benet, and notices of upcoming events. Please let us know if you have any questions!