Benet is steeped in tradition of excellence and is renowned for our world-class academic program.
Rooted in 1500-year-old, timeless Benedictine values, deep with exceptional faculty, recognized by the U.S. News and World Report as an example of high school excellence, by the Chicago Sun-Times as one of the area's top high schools, and by the NCA Accreditation committee as having the schoolhouse in such good order that our focus may be placed on higher learning skills, Benet is proud to provide one of the finest educations a secondary school may offer.
In the past five years, 65 Benet students have been named National Merit Finalists. In 2010, this honor was bestowed nationally on 1% of the 1.5 million high school students who took the PSAT qualifying test.
Our college prep focus is found in every class whether it is a general, honors, or advanced placement course. By experiencing high expectations for academic work, our students are prepared every day. The college prep benefits are found in the acceptance of our students to the best universities in the world as well as their smooth transition to and success in college.
Learn more about...
Class of 2010 profile at a glance:
- 99%+ have been accepted into 2 and 4 year post-secondary schools with two students accepting special appointments to the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis.
- When collegiate classes commence in the fall, members of the Class of 2010 will be attending a total of 93 colleges and universities, located in 29 different states and in the District of Columbia.
- Members of the Class of 2010 have been offered scholarships from various colleges, organizations, and private foundations totaling close to $29 million
- 153 are Illinois State Scholars (47% of the Class of 2010)
- 119 have been inducted into the National Honor Society
- 1 has been named a National Hispanic Scholar
- 2 have been recognized as finalists by the National Achievement Scholarship Program
- 31 have been awarded the distinction of being named National Merit Commended Scholars
- 10 have been named National Merit Finalists
Class of 2010 most popular university destinations - View the 2010 College Report (Academics > Counselors) for a complete list
|College Destinations of 2010
|University of Notre Dame
|University of Illinois - Champaign
|Miami University, Oxford, OH
|Indiana University, Bloomington
|St. Louis University
|Illinois State University
|University of Iowa, DePaul University
|University of Michigan, University of Missouri at Columbia, Loyola University, Augustana University, Butler University
|U.S. News & World Report 2010 National Universities Top 20 - Benet Academy Student Attendance and Acceptance|
|1. Harvard University
|2. Princeton University
|3. Yale University
|4. California Institute of Technology
|4. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
|4. Stanford University
|4. University of Pennsylvania
|8. Columbia University (NY)
|8. University of Chicago
|10. Duke University
|11. Dartmouth College
|12. Northwestern University
|12. Washington University in St. Louis
|14. Johns Hopkins University
|15. Cornell University
|16. Brown University
|17. Emory University
|17. Rice University
|17. Vanderbilt University
|20. University of Notre Dame
|BIG 10 Conference Schools - Alphabetical (2001-2009)
|Wisconsin - Madison
If you have any questions about our academic programs, please contact the Principal's office at 630-719-2782
School profile and college reports. College reports summarize college choices by class including statistics, college names, selectivity levels, states, and other demographics.
The new Benet Academy curriculum guide contains general academic information and policies, course descriptions, course planning guide, graduation requirements, test information, and more. The guide contains a search feature so you may easily find the information you are looking for by typing keywords into the "Find" box located in your Adobe Reader. You will need the free Adobe Reader to view the guide. Copy and paste this link in your browser to download the Reader: